No Makeup Girl’s Beauty Loot
Reading beauty blogs is one of my guilty pleasures. I’m not really good at putting on makeup & I’m uncomfortable with too much gunk on my face, but I looove reading product reviews & the like.
Going bare or with very little makeup compels me to keep my skin as good as I can. While most of my life was spent not giving much thought to my skin, I’ve realized that having a good skincare regimen is an integral part of my wellness & a necessary complement to a healthy lifestyle. Yes, it’s primarily a matter of healthy lifestyle choices (exercise, proper sleep, higher thoughts, lots of water & green smoothies, etc.); But for now I’m sharing some products that have done wonders for my sensitive skin:
1. Eskinol Pimple Fighting Facial Deep Cleanser- with a cotton ball after washing my face in the morning & before bedtime. Gets rid of deep-seated dirt & subdues pimples even before they can fully “grow.”
2. Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector- my day cream after applying #1. Moisturizes, has SPF 20, evens out skin tone & significantly fades old pimple marks.
3. Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector- a potent serum I apply only before bed after #1 & before I apply #4. I may be too young for wrinkles, but I firmly believe that prevention is better than cure & should start at an early age.
4. Clinique Youth Surge Age Decelerating Moisturizer- my night cream after #s 1 & 3. Claims to strengthen skin from environmental agers. Makes my skin supple & vibrant.
5. Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Visible Skin Renewer- I use this as a replacement for either #2 or 4 when I feel like it. Makes my skin soft & velvety. I think I’ll start using this on a nightly basis to truly enjoy its benefits.
6. dry body brush- Dry body brushing is one of the best health/beauty regimen I’ve incorporated in my life. I highly encourage everyone to know about it & get into the habit! Read about it here.
7. The Body Shop Olive Dry Oil Mist- better than lotion. Non-greasy & sits well on my skin.
FOR THE EYES
8. Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream-before bedtime.
9. Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream- in the mornings especially after a late night out. Makes my eyes look less-tired & more alive.
10. Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage- an under eye roll-on for instant de-puffing. It actually decreases the pouchiness.
11. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask- after rinsing my face with warm water, once to twice a week. Really draws out deep-dwelling impurities & unclogs my pores. My face feels clean & fresh after.
12. Origins Modern Friction Scrub Nature’s Gentle Dermbrasion- alternately with #13, once a week. Removes sluggish cells on skin surface. It’s like having new skin after.
13. Clinique Turnaround Instant Facial- alternately with #12, once a week. Exfoliates & makes skin literally glowing (even glittery) after use.
14. Origins Brighter By Nature High-potency fruit peel with fruit acids- once to twice a week, the 2nd time as an alternate to #12 &13. These brightening peel pads boast the benefits of a professional 30% glycolic peel without the redness. I’ve never had peels of whatever sort, but I use this before bedtime (not before sun exposure) & the next day my skin looks bright & renewed.
EXTRA MOISTURE: USE WHEN NEEDED
15. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief- can be used as a daily moisturizer, a midday boost (tap on over makeup), or as a 5-minute mask (massage onto clean skin & blot off excess with tissue).
16. Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask- feels more like a moisturizer than a mask & smells delightfully like peaches. Apply on clean face & rinse or tissue off after 10 minutes.
Hope this helps,